[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:37:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My self install went just fine.  You can see the other thread on
> > Comcast CableCard info for that.
> >
> > I was able to apply Ronald's patch and compile mythtv with no
> > problems.  I used his latest channel updating script (from part 2 in
> > the comments) and a simple modification to his patch to get my card
> > working.
>
> Thanks for your help debugging this issue.
>
> For anyone else interested without reading through all of the back and
> forth discussion on my blog comments, the gist of it was...I was
> making an incorrect assumption that the channel number will be the
> same as program number. That assumption is almost 100% correct for my
> cable provider (the only channel that didn't follow that convention
> was one I'd never watch...jewelry shopping channel...and thus didn't
> notice), but fails miserably for some cable providers.
>
> To fix this involves 2 changes. First, I provided Patrick with a perl
> script to configure the database correctly (this replaces the SQL
> command I previously provided to configure the db). Second, it
> involved a few small code changes in my mythtv patch to deal with the
> fact that vchannel and program can be 2 different values. I'll try to
> make the changes to the patch tonight, and get the updated patch and
> perl script online, as well as updating the instructions.
>
> --
> Ron Frazier

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what units does the Ceton web page
expect for frequency?  Is it possibly expecting kHz?  I am looking at my
production backend's dtv_multiplex table for all my QAM frequencies.  I
believe they are in Hz.  An example entry is 663000000Hz (or 663MHz).  Are
my assumptions correct?  I had to enter 663000 in the Ceton web page to get
both Carrier lock and Digital lock.  I just realized this remotely from work
so I can't test the video, but I know something came up using PuTTY and
TightVNC.

-Tom