[mythtv-users] UK - eBuyer offer on eMachines SFF, frontend ?

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:56:07 UTC 2011

On 28/07/2011 11:50, Simon Jones wrote:
> I was thinking about this, but is it the ION 2 platform?, it describes
> the GPU as Geforce 9200 which am not sure is ION and can cope with
> advanced x2 deinterlacer?
>
> Regards,
>
> Si

ION 2 is Atom + Nvidia, this is AMD + Nvidia.  Even so, I'd be
interested to hear any reports on how good the 9200 chipset is at vdpau
playback because this is £70 cheaper than the Revo R3700 which I've been
looking at.  Or any other comments on this box as a myth frontend.  I
notice in one of the comments on ebuyer someone mentions that it would
make a good mythtv frontend :-)

Robert.