[mythtv-users] Big Myth system (2-3 satellite receivers + capture devices, 5 tvs, Samsung DLNA) ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 02:51:01 UTC 2011

We just moved into a new house we are renting.

We receive our TV signal via satellite.  We need at least 2 and possibly
3 receivers to cover our viewing needs.

Most of the TV locations have a Cat 5 outlet near them.

I'd like to build a Myth system that captures the signals from 2 or 3
satellite receivers and feed them appropriately to up to 5 TVs.  Only 2
or 3 will be in use at any time.

Some of the viewing will be live.

I'd like to use Hauppauge HD PVR cards to do the capturing.

2 of the TVs are Samsungs with DLNA capability.

What sort of server will I need to handle this system ?

Will the Samsungs display the H.264 signal or will it need to be
transcoded ?

Any hints to putting this system together ?

Thanks

LG