[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Patrick Oglesby octoberblu3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:18:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> If I am reading between the lines correctly, are you saying that you
> managed to complete the whole pairing/activation process under linux
> without issue? If so, that's great. It eliminates Windows as having
> been the determining factor for getting it working in my case. The
> question still remains as to what was the cause of my problem. Was it
> me changing the IP? Was it because I hadn't upgraded the firmware or
> hardware image? Was it an issue with my cable company's activation
> process (maybe they had tried activating it as a 2-device instead) No
> idea, but it's one less thing to worry about.

Correct, no Windows involved.  I left the IP address alone
(192.168.200.1) and upgraded the the latest firmware before pairing.
My hardware image matched the one posted online (4884), so I didn't
upload that file.

On the CableCARD page, I have the following for CableCARD Authorization:

Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs
match those in the current binding.

I can't remember what is said before that.

- Patrick