[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Wed Jul 27 07:59:44 UTC 2011

On 26 July 2011 18:10, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Warpme, out of curiosity, what happens if you revert
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/528324d8

Interesting... is there a reason that custom reconnect code was written? I
think that the MySQL client lib has an auto-reconnect option that can be set
when initially creating the DB connection. We successfully use this at work
(it works seamlessly for us), although this is from Perl code using DBI
rather than C++ with Qt. I see a comment in mythdbcon.cpp about reconnect
behaviour from 2003, but that could be out of date.

I also found this which looks very relevant:
https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com//browse/QTBUG-17140

David