[mythtv-users] FireDTV and MythTV (was Re: I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code))

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 26 17:03:55 UTC 2011

Op 25-07-11 20:21, Michael T. Dean schreef:
> On 07/25/2011 02:01 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Gert wrote:
>>> Could this be used in my situation ?
>>> I have in my MythTV backend two FireDTV cards which have each a CI
>>> adapter and payed-for smartcards but Myth cannot record from them.
>>> I tried all kinds of stuff to get them properly working to no avail. But
>>> gnutv records without problem from them! I use the now with some
>>> crontabs to do fixed time recordings but would really like to use the
>>> Scheduler/Guid from myth.
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to get your perl dev construction working between
>>> these two ? How is tuning arranged over your Perl construction ?
>> No, I don't think this would do you any good. My script doesn't let
>> myth access anything that it wouldn't already have been able to access
>> were it running on the other computer. Furthermore, my script didn't
>> handle anything for tuning. Since tuning was done via the Ceton card's
>> built in web page, and that page is accessible to every computer on my
>> home network, the tuning was the same no matter whether the card was
>> local or remote.
> In theory, if the FireDTV cards with the CI modules are supported by
> V4L/DVB, they should work fine in MythTV.  Since they work for you in
> gnutv, I'm assuming they are supported by V4L/DVB  Are you sure they
> don't work in MythTV and that it's not just a configuration issue?
>
> We do support legal, allowed-by-contract-with-service-provider
> hardware-based CI, so feel free to ask for help with the card,
> configuration in MythTV, or whatever here.  (We do not support softcam
> usage nor card sharing of paid-for smart cards.)

The backend system uses two FireDTV cards with separate Alphacrypt CI
modules with a smartcard each.
I will setup a seperate test system with just a single FireDTV card to
try and find out why it does not work with MythTV.
With gnutv I don't have to setup anything, just give it the channel
name, adapter number, recording time and name of the output file and
away it goes.
Myth logs the start of the recording but never stores a single byte.

Gert