[mythtv-users] Amazon Cancels HDHomerun Prime Pre-orders

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 04:09:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 20:24, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
>> Mine was on June 26. Could I have missed by a day?
>
> Perhaps.
>
> I just got this from Amazon:
> We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on June
> 25 2011 (Order# 002-7172979-6125800).
> I don't know if anything has actually changed or if this is just
> standard practice since today is one month since the order was placed.

Standard Amazon practice for items that are not yet shipped.
I get them on a somewhat regular basis for hard to obtain items
(usually out of print (or limited printing/demand print only)
books/CDs/DVDs that have long lead times to locate/obtain).

At some point, if Amazon still cannot obtain the item(s),
they will decide to cancel your order, but at this point,
it is just notification.  Click the "keep looking" link for
now, and hope Amazon can obtain the primes....

Gary