[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:28:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> On 25/07/11 18:04, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
> >>
> >> Any suggestion for version or edition of Windows for me to do this?  Win
> XP
> >> Pro okay or do I need something newer or do I need a MCE?
> >>

> > What does activation have to do with the OS?  From what I understand, you
> > put the CC in the device and call Comcast with the pairing IDs for the CC
> > and device.  Also, none of the device manufacturers require Windows so
> there
> > should be no OS requirement.  That said, since I have never done this, I
> am
> > certainly no authority.  What troubles did you have in Windows?
> >
> I think the point is that your OS needs to read the device with the card
> installed in it in order to be able to display the info you need. If your
> OS
> doesn't have a suitable driver, it's not going to work.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Sorry, I somehow missed Ron's original post.  Oops!

Hopefully this will help those of us who do not own a Windows box.  Ceton
update the Linux support page today with instructions on how to update the
firmware.

http://www.cetoncorp.com/infinitv/support/linux.php

-Tom