[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Ken Truesdale kat at tiac.net
Mon Jul 25 17:19:21 UTC 2011

On Jul 25, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
> What does activation have to do with the OS?  From what I understand, you put the CC in the device and call Comcast with the pairing IDs for the CC and device.  Also, none of the device manufacturers require Windows so there should be no OS requirement.  That said, since I have never done this, I am certainly no authority.  What troubles did you have in Windows?

As Ron wrote (and I included it in my post), OS shouldn't matter but he didn't get it working until he put it in his Windows computer.  Perhaps it has something to do with the Windows drivers from Ceton?  Who knows - I just want to follow the path of least resistance.  And since I'm dealing with the world of a Cable Card (an ugly implementation of what should have been a good idea) and a ginormous cable company, I'm not going to get hung up on what makes logical sense.

Windows version might matter for Ceton's drivers and/or firmware upgrade tools.

Windows edition might make a difference from Comcast's perspective - like they only have a script for how to do things on MCE or something equally dumb.

Ken.