[mythtv-users] Amazon Cancels HDHomerun Prime Pre-orders

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:55:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu>
> wrote:
> > Sorry if this was posted already and I missed it. Amazon canceled my
> > pre-order yesterday due to "lack of availability".
>
> Hmm.  My pre-order is still pending.  That's odd.  When did you place
> the order?  (I placed mine on June 25th.)
>
> Eric

Mine was also placed on June 25.  Amazon assured me Friday (7/22) morning
that they wouldn't cancel my order again and it would be delivered 8/8.
Friday afternoon (7/22) they canceled my order.

I decided to place a Ceton order from NewEggBusiness for $220 ($235 after
tax) instead of a PRIME from NewEgg for $250 ($275 after tax and shipping).
I complained to Amazon since it is clearly not SiliconDust's fault.  This
usually bears fruit for me, and this time was no exception.

-Tom