[mythtv-users] Problems installing second capture card - xmltv id issues?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Jul 24 17:01:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:52:34 +0100, John Reid <johnbaronreid at netscape.net>
wrote:
> I've installed my nanostick alongside my Hauppauge 2250. The nanostick
> seems to be working OK but I think I've messed up the channels on the
> Hauppauge. I have 2 XMLTV video sources. One is connected to both
> Hauppauge tuners and the other is connected to the nanostick.

Is the Hauppauge connected to digital cable, while the nanostick is
connected to an antenna?  If the three tuners are connected to the input,
they should all three be using the same source.  In that case, it really
wouldn't matter which order the cards were in since they're all recording
the same stuff.  The only reason you would have to worry about order is if
you were additionally using the analog encoders on the Hauppauge card for
analog cable, or capture off a STB, and had to configure input groups.

Further, are using a 2250, which means North America, but you are using
XMLTV sources?  Are you actually using an XMLTV grabber, or are you just
calling Schedules Direct an XMLTV grabber?