[mythtv-users] Problems installing second capture card - xmltv id issues?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:02:37 UTC 2011

If the tuners are different models or use different listings then you need
to fix the adapter numbers. There are different methods to do this.

Cards come up in different orders depending on firmware load time and tuner
state so they appear in different orders and this confuses myth. I use an
option in the firmware for one of my tuners to do this, it is set in
modprobe.conf

The 'proper' method is documented in the wiki under device filenames and
udev.

Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard