[mythtv-users] Problems installing second capture card - xmltv id issues?

John Reid johnbaronreid at netscape.net
Sun Jul 24 09:52:34 UTC 2011

I've installed my nanostick alongside my Hauppauge 2250. The nanostick
seems to be working OK but I think I've messed up the channels on the
Hauppauge. I have 2 XMLTV video sources. One is connected to both
Hauppauge tuners and the other is connected to the nanostick. In the
MythWeb channel editor I have 3 entries for each channel (one for each
source id, I'm assuming the source ids represent the tuners). For those
that were missing xmltv ids I copied the known ids to make them the same
for all 3 entries for that channel. Was this the wrong thing to do? Do I
need a different xmltv id for the same channel if the guide data is
coming from a different video source?

Any help appreciated,
John.