[mythtv-users] Help - Lirc broken after upgrade to 0.9.0

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Sat Jul 23 02:45:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 22:31 -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Jeff Cranmer <jeff at lotussevencars.com> wrote:
> > I've tried various options with /etc/conf.d/lircd, but at the moment I
> > have
> > LIRCD_OPTIONS=""
> > LIRC_DRIVER=""
> > in that file
>
> Make sure that ls /dev/lirc* shows an lirc device file and that your
> configuration scripts refer to the correct device file.
>
> Try running lircd by hand (not from an init script) and see if it
> prints out any additional information.
>
> Eric

I just solved my own problem.  The LIRC_DEVICES="mceusb" needed to be
changed to LIRC_DEVICES="devinput"

Now I seem to be up and running, or at least, I'm not getting any
startup errors.  I've got to resurrect my X server which also broke
during the update before I can fully test whether I can still control
the receiver with it :-)

Jeff