[mythtv-users] I got my Ceton InfiniTV 4 working in 0.24-fixes (compiled with custom code)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jul 21 15:28:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 09:30:24AM -0400, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> auto br0
>> iface br0 inet static
>>         address 192.168.0.100
>>         netmask 255.255.0.0
>>         network 192.168.0.0
>>         broadcast 192.168.255.255
>>         gateway 192.168.0.1
>>         dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
>>         bridge_ports eth0 ctn0
>
> Ron, you might want to use "bridge_fd 0" and "bridge_stp off".
>The former removes the delay before packets are forwarded at startup.

You mean the message on bootup where it pauses for like 30 seconds
before continuing? That would be great. Thanks.

> The latter disables the spanning tree protocol which is of no use in your
> case.

Looking up spanning trees now....oh, yeah, I guess you are right.
There wouldn't be any use since there's zero possibility of a network
loop. Thanks for the info. Glad I decided to post my config file.

--
Ron Frazier