[mythtv-users] Mythweb finds no remote controllable frontends

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Thu Jul 21 11:54:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 03:31, Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> **
> I don't know if bind9 may be a bit over sized for my needs...

I have never been a fan of BIND for anyone's needs, but that's for another
forum.  You're right:  It's certainly inappropriate for a non-masochist's
home LAN.

Given your interests and intentions as seen in this thread, I think you'll
find it very worthwhile to take the time to learn and configure dnsmasq.

And I do suggest you plan to spend at least a little time for it, initially,
because while powerful and relatively simple, the configuration admittedly
takes a little effort to fully grok.  But once set up, it's trivial to
adjust as your LAN changes, and stays out of the way while doing its work.
It's efficient, flexible, and gets the job done well.

I'd be happy to share and discuss details, samples, and tips if desired.

Disclaimer:  I have nothing to do with the dnsmasq project.  I'm just an
appreciative user who is delighted with it, particularly so having wrangled
numerous poorer solutions over the years.

$0.02,
Eric