[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Don Lewis dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org
Wed Jul 20 20:42:54 UTC 2011

On 19 Jul, John Baab wrote:
> Figured this may be helpful for people on here, I dealt with Comcast
> this morning and here are my results:
> http://www.baablogic.net/drupal/node/20

I've had a six tuner version of the HDHR Prime on pre-order through
Newegg for a while.  Since I'm expecting delivery of it next week, after
reading this I decided to stop by the local Comcast office.  I've been
waiting so long for the Prime that waiting for the supposed 8/1
availability date for the CableCard self install kit wasn't very
appealing.  I was mostly curious about what the expected availability of
the self install kits and planned to ask if I could avoid the
installation fee if I brought my Prime and a laptop to the office.  I
was pleasantly surprised to find out that a couple of the self install
kits arrived that morning.  I left with one of them 8-)

Now anxiously awaiting my Prime so that I can finally ditch firewire
recording which stops working every time Comcast updates my STBs ...

BTW, I'll be running three of the tuners in clear QAM mode to take
advantage of multirec.  I've found that on certain nights I record
enough network programming to keep my existing three clear QAM tuners
(one HDHR and one KWorld) busy.  Those will also get retired, which will
greatly simplify the RF cabling of my system.