[mythtv-users] what is the cat's ass of integrated "set top box" like hardware now?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jul 20 14:25:05 UTC 2011

cat's ass definition:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cats%20ass

I've got a Revo 1600 with the ION chipset in it.  In terms of a nice
small piece of hardware that I can hide behind the TV and it does
everything (self-contained, VDPAU, HDMI out) I want in a "set top box"
form factor.

It's time to move that to the bedroom, with it's lower resolution
(1300x768 or so) and get something new for the 1920x1080 in the living room.

What is a good replacement for the Revo these days?  It's not a hard
requirement (since most of my source is SDTV anyway) but having a more
powerful (vdpau, or otherwise) decoder might be nice.  But even without
a more advanced Nvidia chipset, what is the cat's ass in "set top box"
like hardware these days?  I want it small enough to tuck behind a wall
mounted TV and quiet enough to have in a living room, so that rules out
most piecemeal building projects.

Cheers,
b.