[mythtv-users] Frontend user profile problem

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 20 11:04:10 UTC 2011

On one of my client computers running Ubuntu 10.10 and Myth Frontend I
cannot connect to the backend database if I log on as one of the users on
this system.

If I log in as user A and start the frontend I can connect and watch live TV
and recordings however if I log in as user B I cannot connect to the backend
dB because it is using the wrong password.  No matter how many times I
change the password to the correct password I still cannot connect and when
I restart the frontend I see the incorrect password is back again and the
change I made was not saved.

I have changed user B to have the same Ubuntu admin rights  as user A and it
still makes no difference.  User B uses this workstation all the time but
cannot get any access to the MythTv backend.

I also tried uninstalling the frontend and reinstalling but it reverts back
to the incorrect password that I cannot change.  It has the user mythtv as
well as mythtv as the password which is not what the password should be.

How do I resolve this particular installation?

Regards

Anthony Rooney

0411 649978