[mythtv-users] AutoExpire: Oldest Show First, yet newly recorded shows still expire...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 18 04:05:47 UTC 2011

On 07/16/2011 04:05 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I have had Myth make some odd decisions in what shows to expire to
> clear up space. I have a lot of space so I decided to set it to Oldest
> Show First since that basically means stuff recorded 2+ weeks ago get
> deleted which is more than enough time for us to actually watch them.
>
> anyway, since then I've noticed that Myth still expires new-ish
> recordings (from as soon as earlier that day). can someone help me
> troubleshoot to find out why this is happening?
>
> thanks!!

For a start:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7936#comment:16
and, more importantly,
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7936#comment:18

And note that MythTV will only ever expire recordings when recordings
are in progress--and then only on the file systems to which it's
recording.  So if you have a full file system with only new recordings...

Also, have you recently added a new backend host?

Mike