[mythtv-users] How to migrate from 0.22 to 0.24?

Idan Shoham shohami at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 04:00:05 UTC 2011

Hello!

I'm trying to migrate an older mythtv server to a new system.
Copying over the recordings and configuring the new system are
no problem.

I've run into an issue with minor changes in the schema between
versions.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to migrate the contents of mysql
between versions?

Old system:
mythbackend --version
  Please include all output in bug reports.
  MythTV Version   : 22594
  MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes
  Network Protocol : 50
  Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
  QT Version       : 4.5.2
  (Ubuntu 9.10)

New system:
  mythbackend --version
  MythTV Version   : v0.24-243-g9ba3ece
  MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
  Network Protocol : 63
  Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
  QT Version       : 4.7.2
  (Ubuntu 11.04)

I searched the archives and elsewhere but didn't find any description of how to do this sort of cross-version migration.

BTW - I've tried the following commands, which is how I know the schema has changed:

  On old server:
  mysqldump -u mythtv -p -t mythconverg record recorded \
    oldrecorded recordedprogram recordedrating \
    recordedmarkup recordedseek > recordings.sql

  On new server:
  mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < recordings.sql

(obviously with appropriate passwords and after transferring files around)

Any help would be appreciated.  :-)

-- Idan