[mythtv-users] Just upgraded to 0.25 with mixed results.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 23:56:41 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 12:08 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Monday, 11 July 2011, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> The audio mode I had in 0.24 does not work in 0.25, I get silence. I had to turn of Dolby Digital and DTS before I got any sound
>> at all. The test screen would play sound even when  Dolby Digital and DTS were enabled, but I got silence when I tried "Watch
>> TV". With Dolby Digital and DTS off, I get stereo sound.
>>
> I consider the audio code in the current master to be of release
> quality, so I am keen to troubleshoot the issue with you in that
> regard.
>
> Before I start, I have created a fixes/0.24 branch with all the audio
> code found in master, there are no other changes.

I now have my test install disk in a condition that I think I can start testing for you.
Unfortunately I don't quite know where to get the source code you refer to, and what to do with it once I get it.

Please point me at a how-to, and I'll see if I can't get it working without pestering you too much.

Extra, perhaps relevant info:
The test system currently is running 0.24 fixes, and also has the same audio issues that I found in 0.25.

When running setup on 0.24, the theme I'm using does not allow me to see the DTS or dolby digital check boxes (this is one of
the many things that pushed me over the edge into trying the unfinished, not ready for prime time 0.25) Do you know of a theme
that that shows these check boxes properly so I can know for sure how I have it set up?

My system suffers from the, probably unrelated, audio bug discussed in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743200

Today I updated my test install. I tested 0.24 with the ATI proprietary drivers on that install and found that OpenGL was
dropping frames, and the xv-blit was dropping lots of frames (to the point that it looked like I got 1 new frame every three
seconds). After uninstalling the ATI proprietary driver, xv-blit was playing smooth again. I did not notice tearing, but I can't
swear that it was gone.