[mythtv-users] Can't tune after UK switchover

john legion johnlegion6 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:50:12 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I am in Edinburgh and previous to the digital switchover I was able to see
two transmitters, Blackhill and Craigkelly.
Subsequent to the switchover I can no longer get  Mythtv to lock onto any
channel on either transmitter.

When I retuned I could see most multiplexes on both of the transmitters but
not all.
I have tried tuning using full scan in Myth, scan of existing transports,
scan of existing transports where I had manually edited the transports to
only include the few I would need and also by importing channels.conf .

All of these methods according to Mythtv have found >100 channels and so
everything seems good but when I go into the frontend then I can't watch
live TV because the channel never gets past partial lock, even though the
signal strength is ~75% .

Also , no matter what I do I can't see any EIT data on any channel .

With the ariel connected directly to my TV I can see all channels and EIT
data. I can also play tv through Xine on the backend server so I guess that
the ariel and card are working, it just seems to be some issue with Mythtv.

Is anyone else seeing the same or does anyone have any suggestions ?

cheers
JL