[mythtv-users] WAaay OT: Just trying to pick the brains of anyone who can help ... Batch txt edit insert title

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 20:59:48 UTC 2011

Hello all,

This has NOTHING to do with MythTV as all and everything to do with the
fact that I've searched high and low for an answer to this problem,
failed to come up with anything and know that you lot are the most
knowlegeable group of computerists that I know.

So, if anty of you are still reading ...

Basically, I need to add the title of a text file to the first line of
the body of the same text file (followed by a couple of carridge returns
if possible). I then need to do this for about 400 hundreds of files!

The reason is that I have had all of my reference notes from all
projects/thoughts/notes etc in a system called Rightnote (which took
over from Keynote). I'm now wanting to import all of these files into
Evernote.

I can export from Right note fine, as either text, rich text or html and
I can tell Evernote to import all of the files put into X folder.

Unfortunately, Evernote only imports the body of the text files and
ignores the titles. It gives the notes a title based on the first line
of the body of text.

I have tried speaking to Evernote, but they say that their import system
is like that deliberately. The only way around it I can think of is to
make the first line of the contents of each text file the same as the
title of that text file.

Unfortunately, I've searched high and low and can not find a way to do this.

Can any of you help?

Thanks
Damian