[mythtv-users] OT: mythtv-users mailing list and gmane resp. pan newsreader

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jul 12 15:18:26 UTC 2011

On 11-07-12 11:01 AM, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> Hi all

Hey,

> I prefer reading mailing lists with pan newsreader.

Me too.

> Unfortunately the mythtv-users mailing list can't be found on gmane.

Indeed.  And I wouldn't hold my breath on being able to find it any time
soon.

> That's why I'd like to ask here if there would be any reasons not to add
> the list to the gmane servers?

There is a belief that gating the list with gmane will cause an inflood
of spam.  That doesn't seem to be my experience with all of the other
lists I read via gmane but that's the belief here nonetheless.

FWIW, I'd vote +1 for gmane gating, but not holding my breath.

b.