[mythtv-users] CentOS 6 released

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 17:43:25 UTC 2011

On 11/07/2011 18:21, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> For all those who have been waiting for proper Python support, etc.
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/451160/

I've just done a new install on Centos 6, and so far everything is
running great. Moved from a Fedora 14 install after getting tired of the
constant upgrading. Only reason I had to move to Fedora from Centos 5 a
few year back was after a big hardware upgrade and the kernel just being
too old to support it. It's nice to be back.

Only thing to be aware of is the kernel has no rc drivers included (and
the plus kernel is the same). You'll have to get driver modules for your
receiver of choice elsewhere. I'm using the v4l media_build script as I
need it for the pcTV nanostick anyway. I think both atrpms and elrepo do
a v4l kmod/kmdl.

Also if you are installing from atrpms, be aware you will need to
install the various qt47 rpms from atrpms-testing too

Dunc