[mythtv-users] No audio over HDMI with GT430

Patrick Davila pdavila at thelinuxlink.net
Mon Jul 11 18:12:35 UTC 2011

> Running current git on Ubuntu 10.04LTS.
>
> Ok, I have a Gigabyte motherboard with a nVidia 7100 onboard video,
which was serving up Audio over HDMI nicely.

> I plugged in a GT430 to be able to have VDPAU. Playback works nicely
from a video point of view, after upgrading 195->275 nVidia drivers.
(195 just hung on startup of X)

> It seem like my 430 does not support audio over HDMI, but that seem a
bit odd? I thought they all did? Am I missing something silly here?

I just did a clean install of Mythbuntu 11.04 with a new build. My video
card is a PNY GeForce GT430. I had to add the following to
'/etc/asound.conf’:
pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 8
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

After that audio over HDMI worked fine for me. The device numbers might
different on your system. Enter 'aplay -l' to see what device numbers you
have. You may have multiple entries.

Pat

--
http://tllts.org/ - The Linux Link Tech Show