[mythtv-users] hours to edit channels?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Jul 10 16:00:39 UTC 2011

On 10/07/11 15:23, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Fa<fayoeu at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 2.  Here is where I like the mythweb channel editor to use mass editing.
>
> I've never had much luck with mythweb's channel editor.  There are so
> many channels, and no easy way that I know of to filter the list based
> on sourceid or other such criteria that the page is unwieldy.  Using
> it, I find myself nervous that I'm going to screw up my other sources.
>   Most of the time, it doesn't seem to work at all.  When I click save
> to save the changes, the page just reloads and everything is back to
> the way it was.

This may depend on the total number of channels mythweb has to display. Once you
reach a threshold you'll have to tinker with the PHP default settings, and
possible the suhosin settings as well. Buffer size, # fields, etc. will all
result in an apache error message when your channel count breaks the limits.

Actually, I would prefer a different approach to editing this unwieldy table.
Instead of making every possible field an editable field, just make each line a
link which brings up an editable dialog. No need for thousands of fields that way.

--

Mike Perkins