[mythtv-users] Audio in analog tv recording broken in 0.25?

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 14:32:05 UTC 2011

> Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:02:37 +0200
> From: patrick at tario.org
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Audio in analog tv recording broken in 0.25?
>
> Hi,
>
> I've recently switched my mythbuntu instance to the 0.25 branch and with
> this version, analog tv records but there is no audio in the recording.
>
> I've seen this error http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9825 but I'm a
> bit confused if I'm the only one with this problem. Does anyone else
> have a problem recording analog tv with mythtv?
>
> Playing old recordings works fine and with audio so it is definitely a
> problem with the recording.
>
> I'm using a sundtek tuner which worked very well before and also works
> in xawtv (with audio).
>
> Thanks for any ideas,
> Patrick

Yes, unfortunately you are not alone. I raised a similar ticket (http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9869), which is probably a duplicate of the one you mention. I think the devs are too busy but I have faith that it will be sorted out sooner or later. The lucky thing is that the series I was recording for the wife finished before the problem manifested!
Yianni.