[mythtv-users] v4l media_build problems

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 01:44:25 UTC 2011

Hi Guys

not a specific mythtv question, but the v4l mailing lists aren't exactly
'newbie' friendly..

I've been running the media_build drivers for the last month or so to
use the pcTV nanostick.

All working perfectly until today when I did a fresh reinstall of fedora
(14). Without the media_build installed, my PCI DVB devices all appear
as normal (apart from the nanostick obviously). Once I've successfully
built and installed the drivers using the media_build script and
rebooted, *none* of my DVB devices appear.

There isnt even a /dev/dvb/, and it looks like none of the drivers are

Has anyone got any ideas why this could be happening, as I'm tearing my
hair out over this

thanks

Dunc