[mythtv-users] Highly flexible transcoding

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Jul 9 15:41:19 UTC 2011

I've lately been using mythtranscode with the --fifodir option,
having discovered the option existed only very recently. It's
very flexible, allowing you perform several trancodes from the
same recording, cutting out different parts; it allows you to
maintain the interlacing or recode at double speed. The limitations
are only those of the compressing program you run it into. To help
others use it, I've updated some of the documentation on the wiki,
explaining the fifodir option, and linking to the script I've been
using. Although the script does exactly what I want, it probably doesn't
quite match your needs, but the beauty of this way of trancoding
is that the script is very simple, so you can easily tailor
it to your own needs. Hope this helps a few people.

Cheers,
	Paul.