[mythtv-users] how to set xmltvid to unknown and keep it there?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 8 19:26:37 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 04:12 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Definitely sounds like the lineup needs updating (though I still say
>> that giving mythfilldatabase permission to change your
>> already-configured Video Source is the ultimate source of the problem
>> :).  You could verify that the lineup needs fixing by grabbing the raw
>> data from Schedules Direct using tv_grab_na_dd and checking that channel
>> in the XML.
> Ok.  I don't see anything clearly labeled as a freqid.  I see:
>
>    <channel id="I14771.labs.zap2it.com">
>      <display-name>128 HISTORY</display-name>
>      <display-name>128 HISTORY NJ67162:X</display-name>
>      <display-name>128</display-name>
>      <display-name>HISTORY</display-name>
>      <display-name>History</display-name>
>      <display-name>Satellite</display-name>
>    </channel>
>
> 128 is the correct virtual channel number.  It is not the correct
> frequency.  How does mythTV populate the freqid column of the database
> for firewire tuners based on this data?

In the raw data (not the XMLTV format data), there's an
fccchannelnumber, which is the frequency ID for OTA lineups (lineup type
"LocalBroadcast").  Since the OTA frequency ID/"channel number" is
almost never used as the channel number on cable systems, the channel
major number is used as the frequency ID for cable lineups since #1848,
which is what Robert was saying.

Mike