[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:09:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Again, thanks for your help and patience on this.  I never would have
>> figured out any of this without the assistance!
>
> Thanks for bearing with me. Quite a bit of change has been happening, and
> (almost?) all for the good, but getting from where we were to where we're
> going has been an adventure...

Removed those files.  Everything has been working well now for the
last week (with one minor exception: i returned home yesterday and
some of the buttons on the remote did not work while others, including
those that had not worked before were working and irw was showing no
keypresses even for the keys that myth recognized -- weird, but a
reboot solved the problem).

I am just really surprised that I was the only one having this issue.
Hopefully, this thread is now a treatise on how to get things working
with devinput so if others have issues, they can learn from this.  A
bit of an adventure, but it is helpful that I had (who I presume to
be) the author of these tools guiding me through and hopefully my
glitches are helping in the development.  As always, thanks, Jarod.  I
have been using myth since .14 (or maybe earlier) and only because of
your awesome guides back in the day, so once again, you solved my myth
problems!