[mythtv-users] MythNewb Hardware Question

mark pennock markitman2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:46:38 UTC 2011

You could probably get by with an HDHR (two over the air tuners or locals on
cable) and HDPVR. It is suprising how a single tuner for cable (HDPVR) can
cover virtually all your recording needs. Because most shows on cable are
repeated, unlike network TV shows, the scheduler does an awesome  shuffling
recording times around so you don't miss anything.