[mythtv-users] Any FIOS usesr in DFW area? (was HDHomeRun Prime)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jul 1 13:45:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:25 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Are there any MythTV users with FIOS in the Dallas/Fort Worth
> (Garland, to be specific) area?  If so, I'd really appreciate it if
> they could run firewire_tester to see which channels are marked
> copy-freely in this area.  I was going to seriously consider switching
> from Time Warner Calbe to FIOS with the HDHomeRun Prime coming out
> soon, but the results Eric Sharkey got for Philadelphia (see below)
> make me pause.

It doesn't look like you've got much of a response, at least not on the list.

One of the things that Nick Kelsey said in his interview is that as
the HDHR Prime units get out into the hands of users, they'll have
support for the same call-home feature in the original HDHR and can
send this kind of channel scan info back to Silicon Dust.  They're
planning to assemble and publish these lists on their web site just as
they do for clear-QAM channels today.  If you're willing to wait and
not be an early adopter, you'll be able to get some idea of what you
might get that way.

Eric