[mythtv-users] Preview generation in 0.24-fixes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 31 23:56:51 UTC 2011

  On 01/31/2011 06:32 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 6:12 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Recently the previews shown in the Watch Recordings screen seem to be based
>> on frames much further into the (edited) recording than they used to be;  I
>> have two recordings (around 10 minutes) where the previews are almost at the
>> end, and several of around an hour where they are about halfway through, but
>> it doesn't seem consistent.  I thought the preview location used to be
>> specified by the user, but my hunt through the menus yesterday didn't find a
>> setting, and I don't see anything that looks relevant on the list.  Anyone
>> else seeing this?
> I believe there is a setting to update the preview when you exit
> playback, based on where you exited. Is it possible this is what you
> are seeing?
That's no longer a setting, either.  It was also removed as there didn't
seem to be any reason not to always make the bookmarked place the
preferred location for the preview.  Again, upcoming changes to bookmark
handling will make this approach even more sensible/usable.  So, if you
set a bookmark, MythTV will always use that bookmark to create the
default preview.

Mike