[mythtv-users] Sound not working properly in MythTV 0.24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:03:39 UTC 2011

thank you for not top-posting.

On 1 February 2011 01:24, Griz Box <grizbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jean-Yves,  Thanks for responding.  When you say that I have a solution
> do you mean to say that Mono (1 channel audio) files should not play in
> Mythtv 0.24?  This used to work in Mythtv in any version before 0.24.  I
> have a lot of mono files that I wish to play.  As for the different sample
> rate files not playing without UpMix being turned on I have included the log
> file you requested.

Mono audio is supported and works. It will be played as two channels
audio, where left and right contains the same information. This is
required as hdmi audio doesn't support mono.

It works with all the sample I have.

Try this sample:
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/mediatest/audiotest/Mono/Lunch%20Lady%20Land.mp3

And let me know if it works for you ; otherwise please post a sample somewhere.