[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1950 and Ubuntu 10.04- Not creating /dev/video0

Nicholas Oleksinski noleksin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:26:56 UTC 2011

Hi Jared:
See below...

> So the tvtime failure is expected, and VLC seems to be working fine, at
> least with the analogue side of the hardware. I'm assuming the hardware
> and driver are good to go at this point, and the only remaining issue is
> configuring MythTV appropriately to use it.
>
> So Nicholas, see here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1
>
> And take special note of the "if you have a dual digital/analog card"
> part, which applies for the HVR-1950.

So I've read conflicting recommendations on the type of capture device to
add.  One how-to recommended  DVB (this one) and the other recommended IVTV
MPEG-2 encoder card.  Not sure what to do here, and also I cannot find what
is called here 'the "Analog Options" button within the DVB configuration
panel'.

I know I'll get through this eventually.  One might consider adding this
link to:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_HVR-1950_USB