[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1950 and Ubuntu 10.04- Not creating /dev/video0

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 31 16:33:45 UTC 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Nicholas Oleksinski wrote:

> I'd try the firmware linked here:
>
> http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/setup.html
>  ->
>  http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr1950/v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
>
> Works for me with the HVR-1950 in my possession anyway.
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com
>

> Hi Jared:
> Well that got fixed in a hurry!   I moved on down to "mythtv frontend" and now I get the following when I try to watch livetv (already changed all widths in all profiles to 720):
>
> "Error:MythTV is using all inputs, but there are no active recordings?"
>
> Did you see this as well?

Nope. But then, I'm not using this hardware in my MythTV setup[*].

> As additional info I was able to bring up the video and audio on vlc tho I don't know how to control channels through VLC.  I did: Open Capture Device->Capture mode=PVR->video device=/dev/video0
>
> Tvtime crashes.

No clue what's going wrong. Sounds like you might not have the thing set
up just right as a capture device in mythtv-setup, but I don't know.

[*] I have the HVR-1950 primarily to work on making the IR bits on it
behave, which they now do in the latest v4l/dvb tree.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com