[mythtv-users] LIRC Update and Rebooting

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:18:02 UTC 2011

Just looking for a little information from the lirc experts on this list.

Last week, ubuntu issued an update for the lirc package which I installed
after which, my remote stopped working.  I tried stopping/starting the lircd
to no avail.  I used my keyboard for navigation until: The next day Ubuntu
came out with a kernel update which I also installed and which, of course,
required a reboot.  The reboot fixed the lirc problem.

My question is: If I have to update lirc again, what is the trick to get
this subsystem working again without rebooting?  (After all, this isn't
Windoze)

Regards,

-- Ken E.