[mythtv-users] PVR-150 MPEG support possibly broken with latest GIT code

Rajesh Krishna Balan rajesh at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 31 13:43:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm getting the following error with the latest git head

"MPEG card configured on video device /dev/video0,
but MythTV was not compiled with MPEG support.

Recompile MythTV with MPEG support or remove the card
from the configuration and restart MythTV."

The card is a PVR-150.

I did a quick search through the code and tv_rec.cpp in lib/libmythtv
is where the error is coming from.

It looks like USING_V4L is not defined anymore. It is set by
libmythtv.pro  but the necessary
DEFINE code is hidden inside a using_v4l ( ) control block and the
using_v4l define is never set anywhere else.

Is there a major refactor going on, am I doing something completely
wrong, or something in between?

Thanks!

Raj