[mythtv-users] MythControl via windows mobile

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Mon Jan 31 01:58:38 UTC 2011

After getting hardware replaced under warranty I FINALLY have my mythtv
running :):):)

I'm having some problems with LIRC so in the mean time I thought I'd use
MythControl (http://mythcontrol.sourceforge.net/)

It works well via bluetooth - very responsive.  I only had to install
blueman, bluez, and some bluetooth lib for xfce, and it was easy to pair
up and go.

A couple of issues though and I'm not sure if anyone can help since WM
is ageing, and Axel hasn't updated the project for a couple of years...

Firstly it doesn't make use of the touchscreen.  Not all WM phones have
touchscreens, but it seems to make sense to press the screen directly
rather than look at the mapping (ie. for 'rewind' press '1') and then
press the respective number on the keypad.

Secondly, I have a qwerty keyboard and not a numeric keyboard, and there
are only 1-9 keys available on screen.  I have to press a modifier to
get to number keys so it is annoying to press two keys for each button!

But apart from that I love the concept of the phone app!  Has anyone
modified it or used it recently?  Are there any other options for
windows mobile phones?

thanks,

If God had wanted us to be concerned for the plight of the toads, he would
have made them cute and furry.
		-- Dave Barry