[mythtv-users] Requesting some sample kill a watt meter numbers

Mark D. Montgomery II techiem2 at techiem2.net
Thu Jan 27 20:38:15 UTC 2011

Quoting "Mark D. Montgomery II" <techiem2 at techiem2.net>:

> <snippy>
> I enabled frequency scaling last night and setup cpufreqd to use the
>  ondemand governor and my box is now sitting at 124W with
> MythWeather  running.
> Not a huge difference (about 15-20W lower now), but still a
> difference  with both cores clocked down to 800Mhz.

As a little update/FYI for others:
I just moved the base OS over to an SSD disk today so the big disk
could actually go into standby.
Now the box idles at 118-120W with MythWeather running.
Again, not a huge difference (5-7W), but every little bit helps...

Mark II

--
Mark D. Montgomery II
http://www.techiem2.net