[mythtv-users] UK-Mendip DVB-T multiplex, post 11 January 2011

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:40:52 UTC 2011

> Have a look at my post to the linux-media list
> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/28366>
> which might have some things that are applicable to your setup also. I'm
> thinking particularly of USB autosuspend and active EIT scanning.

I do not have EIT on at all (I use XMLTV RT).  Not sure about the
autosuspend option this will be set to whatever Mythbuntu uses as a
default.

It always seems to be the 2nd one that stops working for me - I use
two separate USB tuners (it is not a combined model).

I have tried to run MythSetup and tried to tune to channel when the
system is in a fit and the 2nd tuner also does not tune to the
multiplexes having problems.  If I try to tune to channels on the 1st
tuner it works fine.  I guess that this may be because Myth is still
trying to use the 2nd tuner as it is stuck in "t" mode.

All my multiplexes are "8K" bandwidth and not "2K" so that is not the
problem for me.

All very strange this was working very reliably.