[mythtv-users] QAM channel scan with pcHDTV-5500 crashes machine

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Jan 27 06:48:47 UTC 2011

As mentioned in a previous post, I have set up a new (second)
backend/frontend in another location (cloned my home BE/FE onto another
machine, changed the hostname and IP without problems).

I have installed a pcHDTV-5500 card (previously in the other BE/FE).

Tried to run a QAM-256 channels scan on it through mythtv-setup/channel
editor/channel scan.  It went through 59 channels, didn't get a lock -
until the 60th - it got a channel lock, then hard-crashed the machine -
had to hit the reset button and reboot.  Tried this twice, same result.
My other BE/FE is using an HD-HR for most QAM use, and another pcHDTV-5500
for live-TV; works fine.

Is there something I'm missing in setting up this card to allow it to
complete the channel scan?

I looked in the archives, didn't find any threads on this issue.

Thanks!