[mythtv-users] WinTV-HVR-1150

Alan Parsons almightyfjord at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:43:30 UTC 2011

I recently inherited a rig with three WinTV-HVR-1150 tuners, Model 1288.

The previous owner was using them with Windows Vista and Windows Media
Center, which are both things I hope to ditch, but according to Hauppauge's
website <http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr1150.html#linux>,"Preliminary
support for the HVR1250 in ATSC mode only is available from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb"  (There are a number of model number typos in
the document, I assume it's mostly copypasta from other products but is
still pertinent.)

Additionally, I can only seem to find this note from a patch about the
FORCE_TS_VALID bit that has anything to do with making the 1150 work
properly on Linux:  https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/65319/

So, my question is:
Is Hauppauge's website correct, is the 1150 not fully supported?  If it's
not, what is supported?  NTSC, ATSC, QAM?

Also, side note:  Would someone kindly update the wiki instructions on
installing Myth from source on Ubuntu to reflect the change to Git, and any
changes that may have occurred in the install process itself since 0.22?  I
would do it myself, if I knew anything about Git at all.  As it is, I can't
even figure out what all I would need to download to get the latest stable
code.

Thanks in advance!

-AP