[mythtv-users] 5.1 wrong speaker problem

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Wed Jan 26 18:00:23 UTC 2011

On 1/26/2011 12:50 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I've already given you a simple way to fix you problem by selecting
> StereoPCM and not having to mess up with the alsa configuration.
>
> Why can't you just use that and forget about your problems ? what's
> the point in wasting time like this?

That is exactly what I ended up doing. However since there were other
threads that mentioned
an asound.conf fix, I wanted to see if I could get that working since
that really seemed to be the 'correct' way to do this (allowing the
device to receive alsa order instead of smpte). But I'm not well versed
or motivated enough in the voodoo of pulse/alsa get it working on Fedora14.

And, btw, thanks for the StereoPCM suggestion.