[mythtv-users] 5.1 wrong speaker problem

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Wed Jan 26 17:25:54 UTC 2011

On 1/26/2011 12:06 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> You only have no device for myth to open, if you haven't properly set
> up myth for your system.
>
> You have a scan audio device button, click on it and select the
> appropriate audio device. problems with pulseaudio there are
> irrelevant
As I already said, if I add the the lines to asound.conf and reboot.
That causes the pulseaudio error message in the syslog. When that
happens, speaker test still works fine, but the logs show

'ALSA, Error: snd_pcm_open("hdmi:CARD=NVidia"): Invalid argument'

Hitting the scan audio button display 'ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia" is invalid
or not useable

So I would not agree that problems with pulseaudio are irrelevant. The
addition to asound.conf the channel mapping/order under the speaker-test
utility, but breaks sound under mythtv.

> I can only help with myth, if you have pulseaudio issue, check with them.
:(

I'm running stock Fedora 14 using Zotac ION FE for Mythtv. I thought
surely more people have experience with these upgrade bumps here than
elsewhere. Maybe someone else running this configuration will have some
helpful advice.