[mythtv-users] Ideas for expansion

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:49:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob at gmail.com> wrote:
>> two suggestions that my mother thought of when I showed her my mythtv install:
>> 1. surely the project is now MythMedia, as it has expanded greatly from just TV
>> 2. has anybody thought of a Skype/VoIP/video-conferencing add-on(?)
>> for mythtv, it would make great use of the interface, the way mythtv
>> displays media and the fact that the (my) sumc is connected to the TV
>> certainly would make it very impressive
>
> Doesn't mythphone do that?

Oh

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythPhone

MythPhone is a defunct plugin that provided a basic SIP videophone.
The plugin needed significant maintenance, and porting to QT4 and the
new UI codebase. With no developer actively using it, or otherwise
willing to make the necessary changes to keep it current, this plugin
was dropped prior to the 0.22 release.