[mythtv-users] report QAM changes? (Comcast Digital Switchover)

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 20:22:09 UTC 2011

On 01/25/2011 12:04 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Tom Bongiorno <tom at bongohut.com> wrote:
>> > I would love such a tool, but I doubt it would work.  It might only be
>> > able to tell you that there is no longer a channel at the expected
>> > frequency, but not a different channel.
> You might be better off scripting the scan to use scte65_scan rather
> than hdhomerun_config.  This *would* tell you when a channel becomes a
> different channel.
>
> Eric
Unfortunately, scte65_scan does not cover all channels. HD channels are not included. But worse, scte65_scan includes extended
basic channels that are encrypted, and not actually accessible.

It would be much better if cable companies were forced to include the virtual channel & channel name in the channel stream
itself like OTA channels do.